There are no current job openings.
Digital Marketing Internship
Bright Hope is seeking an enthusiastic college student to serve part time (5-10 hours per week) on a marketing project focused on creating and implementing Bright Hope’s Tribe Kids program. The core of the role is generating ideas, writing scripts, producing, and starring in weekly videos that target children (pre-k through pre-teen).
Tribe Kids: Bright Hope loves the idea of teaching children to serve the less fortunate and to give generously from their own abundance. Tribe Kids is a program for children who want to expand their worldview and make a difference. As a member of Tribe Kids, children gets ideas about how to make a difference by doing activities like having a garage sale or lemonade stand, get resources and information that they can share with family and friends as an advocate for the extreme poor, and watch Bright Hope’s Tribe Kids YouTube channel and submit videos of them serving. To view the current Tribe Kids program, visit https://www.brighthope.org/tribekids.
The ideal candidate has an active, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, affirms Bright Hope’s belief statement, and is working towards a college degree in digital marketing or related field. He/she has strong video production and technology skills, is creative, has energy and is engaging in front of a camera, has strong writing skills, is able to work collaboratively and independently, and has passion to make a difference in the lives of the extreme poor.
- Meets and collaborates with the marketing team to set project goals and direction
- Creates short videos (approximately 16-20) to be used weekly in December and summer 2020.
- Writes video scripts
- Produces and stars in videos
- Posts videos to YouTube Channel
- Monitors video impact and replies online to submitted comments
Education and Experience:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, communications, or related field
- Experience in video production and script writing preferred
- Video production
- Script writing
- Technology skills
- Energetic and engaging (in front of camera)
- Responsible and meets deadlines
- Teamwork, both collaboratively and independently
- Speaks and writes in English
Special Position Requirements:
- Is a follower of Christ, models the Evangelical Christian faith, and affirms Bright Hope’s Belief Statement as described here.
- Is within commuting distance to Hoffman Estates, IL
- Passion for helping the extreme poor around the world
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job’s principle elements.
Interested candidates – send cover email, resume, brief statement of faith, and sample video starring the applicant to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field Media Interns
Can you tell and capture a compelling story? Do you like to travel? We need people in the field gathering the stories of life change through Bright Hope partnerships. Our Field Media Teams are creative thinkers with proven skills in photography, video and story telling. Our Field Media Interns travel the globe to capture the heart and soul of our partners in order to share what they create with our allies. More information regarding our Field Media Interns:
- Strong relationship with Christ
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Adobe Creative Suites
- 4-6 months duration
- Photography will have dual rights
- Facebook daily
- Must raise own travel and salary funds
- Insurance not provided
Partnership Development Interns
Our Partnership Developers (PD’s) are the hands and feet of Bright Hope in the field. They’re a uniquely gifted group of men and women who have a heart to help those living in extreme poverty. As an intern you will work alongside our PD’s in Africa or Latin America to craft development projects, build relationships with our church partners and search for impact stories and collect community data. Our interns must be versatile and exhibit strong communication and research skills. Requirements include:
- Strong relationship with Jesus
- 9 months to 1 year commitment
- Community development experience or training
- Self-funded position ($15,000/year)
- International travel experience