To bring Hope to the extreme poor (those living on less than $2 a day).
Bright Hope envisions a world where churches transform their communities by bringing Hope for today, tomorrow and eternity to the extreme poor, while becoming self-sustainable.
We have been engaging the local church in the fight against global poverty in slums and rural communities for over 50 years. Each community we serve has its own unique needs. Yet, the one thing they all have in common is an established group of Christ-followers. These churches provide an infrastructure that, when engaged and carefully resourced, can transform the community with changed lives, hopeful people, and self-sustainability.
Through our years of experience we have seen the church be courageous in loving those considered unlovable, be generous in times of crisis, and willing to help all peoples regardless of religion, poverty level, ethnicity, gender or tribe.
- The Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the inspired Word of God, inerrant in the original documents and of final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- In one God, eternally existent in three Persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the full deity and perfect humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His impeccability, His representative and substitutionary sacrifice, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Father’s right hand, His present high priestly ministry and His personal return in power and glory.
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary for the salvation of fallen, sinful, and lost humankind. Salvation is a free gift of God’s grace received by personal faith through Jesus Christ.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the believer is sealed until the day of redemption and is empowered to live a godly life.
- The Church is composed of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. That these believers are united in Him and in one another by the indwelling Holy Spirit. The Church’s chief functions are to glorify God and to witness for Christ until He returns. The local Church is composed of a group of believers in a specific locality who gather in Christ’s name for breaking of bread, prayers, fellowship, and teaching.
- In the resurrection of the saved and of the lost; of the saved to the resurrection of life, and of the lost, to the resurrection of judgment, eternal and conscious.