At Bright Hope, we know you want to help the world’s poorest families leave behind hunger, fear, and isolation. To do that, these families need a reliable way to put food on the table, pay for their kids’ education, and follow a path out of poverty. The problem is, the generational cycle of poverty is hard to break—impoverished kids often go to bed hungry, don’t have a chance to go to school or gain skills for the future, and can’t go to the doctor when they get sick. As a result, the poor feel hopeless and forgotten by God. It’s time to learn how to help the poor.
Human beings shouldn’t have to live like this.
Honestly, it’s just not right. Throughout the Bible, God commands us to care for the poor. We have a choice: will we obey or not?
If you are ready to make a meaningful impact on those living in abject poverty, we can show you how.
For more than 50 years, Bright Hope has worked to help people create sustainable solutions that break the cycle of extreme poverty. We also have the financial endorsements of Charity Navigator and ECFA to show that we will manage your gifts well.
Here are five ways you can make a lasting impact on the poor:
- Give. Your one-time gift will meet a family’s need for food, shelter, medicine, and other immediate needs.
- Become an Impact Ally. Your monthly gift will help families to build sustainable businesses and increase their incomes permanently.
- Shop the Impact Catalog to fund a small business loan, give a scholarship, provide a pregnant mom with a Mama Kit, help dig a well, and more!
- Pray. Join Bright Hope’s prayer team and receive urgent prayer requests and praise reports each month by text message.
- Celebrate your impact and become an advocate for the poor! Unless you make a point to learn about the extreme poor, it’s easy to be oblivious to their needs. Share what you are learning about the poor by forwarding one of our blogs with someone or posting about it on your social media. Encourage your friends and family to learn how to help the poor by directing them to our website.
It’s up to you.
You have the choice to stop the cycle of generational suffering—of hungry kids who grow up to be hopeless parents.
Join us in praying for the extreme poor and for God’s blessing and guidance as we seek to obey His command to care for the poor.
Together, we really can provide nourishment for today, sustainable opportunities for tomorrow, and eternal Hope for the future.